Providing Composite Dental Fillings for Our Residents in Las Vegas , NV
Also known as “white fillings,” composite restorations are the most aesthetic, direct dental restoration. These restorations are bonded, or micro-mechanically adhered, to the tooth structure. Composite restorations allow for very conservative removal of tooth structure. At Perfect 32 Dental Care, we utilize a detailed composite system which has an extensive array of tooth shades and translucencies. We frequently create custom stents to enhance the form of the composite restoration and place multiple shades/translucencies to attain the optimal aesthetic results.
Porcelain inlays and Tooth-Colored Restorations (onlays) create fillings that are not only beautiful (or unnoticeable) but also add strength to weakened teeth. These restorations are aesthetically pleasing and very strong thanks to new bonding technologies.
Call Now : 702-486-5107
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Restorations
There are many advantages to tooth-colored restorations. Resin onlays are bonded to the teeth, creating a tight, superior fit to the natural tooth. Such restorations can be used in instances where much of the tooth structure has been lost. The tooth remains intact and stronger.
Replacing Old Fillings with a Tooth-Colored Restoration
You can have your old fillings replaced with tooth-colored restorations (onlays). This process requires two appointments.
Your First Appointment:
- The old filling is removed along with any additional decay.
- An impression is made of your teeth. A model of your teeth is made and sent to the lab.
- A temporary onlay is placed on the tooth.
At the Lab: A resin is carefully placed into the model of your teeth. It is then designed to look natural.
Your Second Appointment:
- The temporary onlay is removed.
- A conditioning gel is placed on your tooth to prepare it for the new onlay.
- Bonding cement is placed on the tooth and a high intensity light bonds the resin to the tooth.
- The tooth is then polished.
Your teeth are restored to a natural look and feel; they are stronger and the tooth is protected!